Noreen Mavis Daley Poetry Prize 2011
Noreen Mavis Daley Poetry Prize
Poetry Prize endowed by the late Royston Porthouse in memory of his mother
Terms and Conditions
- The Noreen Mavis Daley Poetry Prize is open to all students formally enrolled in a
degree or subject. Campion College
- The Prize will be awarded to an original, unpublished poem not exceeding 50 lines. There are no generic or thematic constraints.
- Entries will not be under offer to any publication, or offered for publication, until the adjudication is finalised and the winner is notified.
- The prize will normally be awarded to a single poem/poet, with up to two highly-commended entries notified. The winner is notified personally and will be presented with a prize of $250 at the ‘Reveillon” dinner that ends the academic year. There are no prizes for the highly commended entries.
- Only one entry (poem) is permitted per person.
- Entries should be printed, one side only, on A4 paper. Entries are assessed in their original forms only. No subsequent revision or resubmission is permitted.
- Personal details should not appear on any manuscript to ensure discretion and fair dealing. Please supply full details as required on the separate Entry Form.
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- The College and Trustees of this prize accept no liability for loss of or damage to manuscripts.
- The decision of the judging panel is final. No subsequent correspondence will be entered into.
- The judge/s reserve the right not to award the prize in any given year.
- The College reserves the right to publish the winning poem and any of the highly recommended entries on its website and in any College publication, such as its regular newsletter Campion’s Brag.
Closing Date for Entries: 14th October, 2011 (5pm)
Entries are to be accompanied by a separate Entry Form, in a sealed envelope (marked: Noreen Mavis Daley Poetry Prize Entry).
Entry Forms are available from the main office, or download here .
Entries are to be submitted in the