Campion College is regularly approached by institutions and employers from various industries who seek to advertise jobs and opportunities to our liberal arts graduates. Please see below for further details and check back regularly for new information.
If you would like further information about the opportunities or if you would like to advertise opportunities to our graduates, please contact Sr M Luka Juenemann, Alumni Relations Officer on (02) 9896 9314 or via email@example.com
Sky News, NSW
Sky News Australia is an Australian 24-hour cable and satellite channel available on the Foxtel and Optus Television subscription platforms. The platform is owned by News Corp Australia.
Job ad: Digital News Producer
Sky News is currently looking to fill three Digital News Producer roles. Six Campion Alumni have successfully commenced at Sky News within the past year.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed directly to Jack.Houghton@skynews.com.au. The positions will commence on 1 June 2021.
The Digital News Producer role would suit someone who is entrenched in political news and has the ability to multi-task to ensure Sky News is breaking news stories across the significant and high-reaching suite of platforms that the Digital News Producer is responsible for.
We are looking for someone who is digitally savvy and passionate about video being an ideal way to consume engaging online news.
- Understands the immediacy of the digital and television news environments and how best to leverage broadcast content for digital assets.
- Be able to identify newsworthy opinion and interview content from our television channels and ensure this is delivered to our online audience quickly and accurately to drive this content into the news cycle
- Has a keen and broad news sense, being able to identify stories which will travel well online and quickly convert broadcast content into digital-ready video for online and social media, leveraging all of the platforms at their disposal to turn a Sky News interview or exclusive into a national news story.
- A news-junkie, obsessed with news and politics – and has a strong understanding of the current global landscape and national issues.
The candidate is able to take initiative and work autonomously, as well as take direction on priorities and editorial style, closely following strict network guidelines on style.
While experience in a fast-paced newsroom or video based media company is advantageous, the most important attribute is a keen interest in high quality journalism and the drive to grow Sky News output in terms of quantity and quality.
Augustine Academy, NSW
Augustine Academy offers students aged 16+ a Certificate IV in the Liberal Arts. Their rural campus in Goobarragandra gives students a peaceful environment full of natural beauty to enrich their learning.
Job Opportunities: residential assistance, admin, cooking and teaching
Augustine Academy is looking to employ additional staff for the second half of 2021.
They are looking for someone who is good at working with young people and has initiative. Accommodation and meals will be provided. If you are interested please contact Ben McCabe, Augustine Academy Director, on 0450 729 077 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus location: 1757 Goobarragandra Road, Goobarragandra.
Dates of employment: 26th July – 27th August & 27th September – 29th October
The Modern Conservative
The Modern Conservative on iHeartRadio is offering an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing conservative podcast and radio show. Recent guests have included Miranda Devine, Dr Paul Morrissey, Adam Creighton, Warren Mundine, and Dr Bella d’Abrera.
Internship Opportunities: Research Assistant, PR/Social Media Marketing
These are an unpaid roles and can be done remotely, reporting to the managing editor via Zoom. Candidates need to commit to a minimum of two hours a week for three months.
Research Assistant (1-2 roles)
Your duties will include:
- Conducting research for the editor on a range of topics including politics, health, science, education and religion
- Delivering succinct briefs on the research conducted
- Talking to members of the public about pertinent issues, and recording vox pops (using a mic or your phone to record what they have to say)
PR/Social Media Marketing (1 role)
Your duties will include:
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Create and monitor posts on Twitter
- Create engaging posts to build engagement and gain followers on Twitter and Facebook
- Talk to media, politicians, commentators who already have a relationship with The Modern Conservative
- Develop new relationships with media, politicians, academics, commentators, conservative celebrities
About the host:
Nick Holt has extensive experience delivering high quality copy to large organisations, national newspapers, as well commercial and AM radio. Nick began his career as music and culture journalist for Fairfax Digital, Triple J Magazine, and Pedestrian TV. During this time Nick interviewed world class artists and musicians including Oasis, Moby, Cypress Hill, MGMT and many more. In 2018 Nick was hired as a Senior Journalist for the Catholic Church where he covered the Australian Federal Election, Federal Budget, Notre Dame Cathedral fire, Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander affairs, the Venezuelan crisis, and affairs from the Vatican.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please contact Sr Luka for further details.
Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn, ACT
The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn ministers to 163,000 Catholics across 55 parishes. The fruits of the Archdiocesan mission can be seen throughout various ministries and services. Many are serving in education, with 1,700 teachers reaching 21,000 school children in 56 Catholic schools.
Job ad: Journalist
- Research and conduct interviews that engage and interest readers.
- Write original stories and take photos for print and online platforms.
- Work with the Editorial Team to develop interesting content.
- Develop contacts in a bid to find stories and engage across the Archdiocese and beyond
- Attend out-of-hours functions as required
Aid to the Church in Need, NSW
Aid to the Church in Need is an international Catholic foundation that provides spiritual and pastoral charity. The organisation is not funded by Church or Government but is completely reliant on its 500,000 benefactors worldwide who collectively raise $200 million each year for over 5000 projects in 150 countries.
Job ad: Diocesan Outreach Assistants
The role of the Diocesan Outreach Assistant is to share the work of Aid to the Church in Need across Australia through the delivery of ten parish presentations across the course of a year (an average of one per month).
The primary tasks of the Diocesan Outreach Assistant are:
- To Raise awareness of the suffering and persecuted Church by sharing the stories of our brothers and sisters who suffer or are persecuted for their faith. The DOA will encourage parishioners to sign up to receive the ACN’s Newsletter.
- To invite parishioners to pray for the persecuted and suffering Church.
- To inspire parishioners to take action to support the suffering Church and to join ACN in its journey to keep the faith alive.
The Diocesan Outreach Assistant is offered a stipend per weekend of presentations which involve talk preparation, stock ordering, data processing, liaising with parishes to arrange presentations, travel time and the delivery of the talk.
For more information visit www.aidtochurch.org/work
View the Role Description
To apply for the position of Diocesan Outreach Assistant please email your CV with a cover letter outlining:
- The reason you are applying for this role
- Any relevant experience, whether paid or voluntary
- Any facts about yourself that might assist your application
Email your application directly to:
Aid to the Church in Need Australia
Please note there is no formal closing date for this position. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted as applications are received.
For more information on the position, contact Cecilia via email or by phoning 1800 101 201.
Job ad: Benefactor Support Officer
Aid to the Church in Need is advertising for a full-time position to work out of their national office in Penrith. The role assists with the processing of donations and communicating with donors. Part-time positions may be considered for students who demonstrate potential to succeed in the role.
St Philomena School, QLD
St Philomena School is an independent traditional Catholic School in Brisbane, run by the Fathers of the Society of St Pius X. St Philomena School is constantly seeking to make contact with good teachers who want to lead students to a knowledge and love Jesus Christ and academic excellence. Teachers who are familiar with a classical curriculum, or who are ready to commit to implementing such a curriculum, are necessary to help the school fulfil its vision of education. If you are such a teacher, you are invited to submit an expression of interest, including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
PTW Architects, NSW
PTW Architects is an interdisciplinary architectural and interior design practice, realising and delivering innovative, contemporary designs in multiple sectors such as luxury residential, mixed use, commercial, hospitality and integrated communities.
Toowoomba Christian College, QLD
Toowoomba Christian College is an independent Christian school in the liberal arts tradition. Please contact Sr M Luka for further details.
St Mary MacKillop Colleges, NSW
St Mary MacKillop College is an independent Catholic school based in Wagga. The school has a strong Catholic ethos and members of the Conventual Sisters of St Dominic have taught at the school since its opening in 2006. Please contact Sr M Luka for further details.
Consulting Firms: KPMG, Deloitte, EY, PWC & Accenture
Campion graduates are encouraged to consider career opportunities offered at the major consulting firms.
Consulting firms solve the problems of the future faced by business, governments and not-for-profit clients through advising and implementing policy, business transformations and integrating technology into solutions. Liberal arts graduates are best placed to bring human experience perspectives to existing and emerging challenges faced across industry and government.
A number of Campion alumni are either currently working in consulting firms or have connections who may be able to provide referral opportunities. Our Alumni Relations Officer would be happy to connect you with these alumni.
Thinking about starting your own business? The Entrepreneurship Facilitator Service is a free service funded by the Australian Government. Receive tailored mentoring and assistance including help developing your business idea, access to small business services and networking, support with business registration/licences and invitations to local workshops and events.
Contact Nicole Kavadias, Sydney South-West on 0447 307 589. Nicole works across two Sydney offices and is happy to connect via Zoom for those living further afield.