Campion College is regularly approached by institutions and employers from various industries who seek to advertise jobs and opportunities to our liberal arts graduates. Please see below for further details and check back regularly for new information.
If you would like further information about the opportunities or if you would like to advertise opportunities to our graduates, please contact Sr M Luka Juenemann, Alumni Relations Officer on (02) 9896 9314 or via email@example.com
Kambala is an Early Learning to Year 12 Anglican day and boarding school for girls in Rose Bay, Sydney. The school achieves outstanding results in the Higher School Certificate and is an International Baccalaureate World School, offering the Diploma Programme.
Job ad: Religious Education Teacher
Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented teaching professional to join our dynamic Religious Education team.
As an independent Anglican school, the Religious Education program plays an important role across the school in teaching the students about the Christian faith and also world religions and ethics. The position will involve teaching HSC Studies of Religion, Stage 5 Philosophy and Religious Education to Years 6-10. In addition there is an allocation for chaplaincy work.
The position is a permanent full time role commencing in Term 1, 2021. Experience teaching Studies of Religion and Philosophy is highly desirable.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Applying knowledge of content/discipline through the implementation of effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage.
- Integrating ICT in teaching and learning to meet NSW curriculum.
- Applying a theoretical and practical understanding of different approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes.
- Using a variety of appropriate strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students.
- Providing timely, effective and consistent oral and written feedback to students to encourage them to reflect on and monitor their learning.
- Using a range of assessment tools and documentation to provide information about students and to inform teaching plans and activities.
- Understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning.
- Using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning.
- Managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities.
- Actively participating in the pastoral care program at the school and being responsible as a tutor.
- Establishing safe and supportive learning environments.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about the teaching of Religious Education;
- possesses teaching qualifications and is an effective classroom teacher with an excellent understanding of the curriculum and pedagogy;
- can demonstrate a sound knowledge and personal affinity with the Christian tradition, biblical studies and ethical issues;
- is passionate about the teaching and development of spiritual understanding amongst students;
- can display a high level of biblical literacy and awareness of issues in Religious Studies;
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to obtain the best results;
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom in order to improve student learning outcomes;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School; and
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning.
Applications close October 2020.
Any applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
Kambala HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998, for a person convicted of a serious sex offence or a registrable offence to apply for this position.
Relevant criminal history, relevant Apprehended Violence Orders and prior employment checks, including relevant employment proceedings, will be conducted on recommended applicants.
Sky News, NSW
Sky News Australia is an Australian 24-hour cable and satellite channel available on the Foxtel and Optus Television subscription platforms. The platform is owned by News Corp Australia.
Job ad: Digital News Producer
Campion College has been informed of another Digital News Producer position at Sky News Australia’s Sydney bureau. Four Campion alumni have successfully commenced at Sky News earlier this year. Campion Graduates are encouraged to apply immediately for the new position. Please email Sr M Luka Juenemann for contact details: email@example.com
The Digital News Producer role would suit someone who is entrenched in political news and has the ability to multi-task to ensure Sky News is breaking news stories across the significant and high-reaching suite of platforms that the Digital News Producer is responsible for.
We are looking for someone who is digitally savvy and passionate about video being an ideal way to consume engaging online news.
- Understands the immediacy of the digital and television news environments and how best to leverage broadcast content for digital assets.
- Be able to identify newsworthy opinion and interview content from our television channels and ensure this is delivered to our online audience quickly and accurately to drive this content into the news cycle
- Has a keen and broad news sense, being able to identify stories which will travel well online and quickly convert broadcast content into digital-ready video for online and social media, leveraging all of the platforms at their disposal to turn a Sky News interview or exclusive into a national news story.
- A news-junkie, obsessed with news and politics – and has a strong understanding of the current global landscape and national issues.
The candidate is able to take initiative and work autonomously, as well as take direction on priorities and editorial style, closely following strict network guidelines on style.
While experience in a fast-paced newsroom or video based media company is advantageous, the most important attribute is a keen interest in high quality journalism and the drive to grow Sky News output in terms of quantity and quality.
Applications close October 2020
Aid to the Church in Need, NSW
Aid to the Church in Need is an international Catholic foundation that provides spiritual and pastoral charity. The organisation is not funded by Church or Government but is completely reliant on its 500,000 benefactors worldwide who collectively raise $200 million each year for over 5000 projects in 150 countries.
Job ad: Benefactor Support Officer
Aid to the Church in Need is advertising for a full-time position to work out of their national office in Penrith. The role assists with the processing of donations and communicating with donors. Part-time positions may be considered for students who demonstrate potential to succeed in the role.
Applications close: 11-10-2020
St Philomena School, QLD
St Philomena School is an independent traditional Catholic School in Brisbane, run by the Fathers of the Society of St Pius X. St Philomena School is constantly seeking to make contact with good teachers who want to lead students to a knowledge and love Jesus Christ and academic excellence. Teachers who are familiar with a classical curriculum, or who are ready to commit to implementing such a curriculum, are necessary to help the school fulfil its vision of education. If you are such a teacher, you are invited to submit an expression of interest, including a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ad: Secondary English and History Teacher
St Philomena School invites applications for the position of a full-time Secondary teacher to join its collaborative and supportive team of teaching professionals in 2021. This position is for a teacher who has the skills and experience to teach a combination of History and English for the full school year with the possibility that it will be extended beyond this period.
Applicants need to demonstrate a strong dedication to a classical curriculum pedagogical approach, an ability to develop and maintain positive and caring relationships with students and a willingness to contribute to the overall mission of the School, including co-curricular duties. A high degree of professionalism and ownership over one’s own professional development are traits that the School is looking for in all staff members. You must hold a valid teacher registration with the Queensland registered board Teachers.
Applications sent via email (email@example.com) or post in the form of a cover letter and résumé and should be submitted as soon as possible. Applicants should provide a reference from their Principal.
Position commences: 18-01-2021
Toowoomba Christian College, QLD
Toowoomba Christian College is an independent Christian school in the liberal arts tradition. Please contact Sr M Luka for further details.
St Mary MacKillop Colleges, NSW
St Mary MacKillop College is an independent Catholic school based in Wagga. The school has a strong Catholic ethos and members of the Conventual Sisters of St Dominic have taught at the school since its opening in 2006. Please contact Sr M Luka for further details.