Work Experience & Volunteering
Campion students are encouraged to undertake work experience and volunteering throughout their undergraduate years. Such opportunities are integral to the development of professional skills and workplace confidence.
Students are encouraged to seek out their own opportunities in addition to those recommended by the Student Life & Alumni Relations Officer. Please see below for further details and contact Sr M Luka if you have any queries.
Volunteer opportunities at Santa Sophia Catholic College
Santa Sophia Catholic College invites Campion College students who are interested in making a difference in the lives of young people to volunteer their time at the school. Santa Sophia Catholic College provides a Christ centred environment, aimed at educating the whole child, and helping students to be people of true wisdom through faith, hope and love. Based on leading educational research and the best of today’s technologies, the school prepares students for the workplace of the future by teaching them how to think critically and creatively, how to communicate effectively and how to work collaboratively.
Currently Santa Sophia Catholic College has students in Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9. The primary school is based at Our Lady of the Angels Rouse Hill Parish and the Secondary school is based at 85 Hambledon Road Schofields. Both of these campuses are temporary until September 2021, when the permanent school site will be ready for students in Box Hill.
Opportunities to volunteer might include but are not limited to:
- Assisting students in the primary Religious Education classes (Catechesis of the Good Shepherd)
- Assisting students in Literacy, Mathematics, History, Science Geography, Visual Arts classes
- Help develop and implement a virtues program for Kindergarten and Year One students
- Play sports with the primary students
- Assist in the Religious Education program for secondary students
- Help lead some small groups sessions with the boys and girls (virtues program for secondary students)
- Assist in the secondary classroom for subjects of your choice (English, Mathematics, History, Visual Arts, Sports, Italian, Science, Psychology. Youth Ministry, Technology)
- Help supervise students at recess and lunch
- Assist in teaching music and providing tutoring to students wanting to learn strings instruments and piano
If you are interested in this wonderful volunteering opportunity, please contact Stephanie Campanale, Partnerships and Pathways Coach, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420653626.