In your last year at Campion, you have the opportunity to participate in Campion CONNECTions, our alumni mentoring program. This is a great way to take an important step for your personal and professional development, learning from the experience of an alumni mentor! Whilst it will not always be possible to have an exact match to your intended career choice(s), every mentor will endeavour to share her/his experience with you to the best of her/his abilities and guide you in making decisions regarding future study, your vocation, work and volunteering post-Campion.
When does the mentoring program take place?
Campion CONNECTions will run in alignment with the academic year. You will be required to undertake a minimum of 3 meetings (face-to-face or via an online platform) within a 5-month timeframe, either March-July (Semester 1) or (August-December (Semester 2). The mentor and mentee may elect to extend the mentorship after this time – for another period of 5 months or any time stipulated by both mentor and mentee.
- Meeting face-to-face or through an online platform at least 3 times over the mentoring period
- Submitting a mentoring agreement at the first meeting in consultation with your mentor
- Agreeing on a mentoring schedule and objectives
- Attending meetings and following up with action items
- Observing confidentiality and punctuality
- Responding to communications in a timely manner
Possible objectives you might like to address with your mentor:
- Decide on career path/future study
- Learn about a new career option
- Create a career plan
- Gain insight into the mentor’s workplace environment and culture
- Broaden network and understanding of how to find internships/job opportunities
- Understand and improve upon professional skills
- Discuss the labour market and how to approach job applications and interviews
As a mentee you must:
- Attend a mentee training session (at the start of the semester) to formally register for the program
- When matched with a mentor, make initial contact to coordinate your first meeting
- At your first meeting, discuss and complete the mentoring agreement in consultation with your mentor
- Prepare a checklist for each meeting
Find out more
Contact the Student Life Officer for further information.