Student Life and Alumni Relations Officer
POSITION: Student Life & Alumni Relations Officer
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
This position is part of the Student Life Office, which includes the Co-ordinator of Campus and Residential Life (Senior Residential Tutor), Chaplain, and students in leadership roles. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- overseeing the general welfare of students for the entire duration of their undergraduate career at Campion College, and
- assisting students in their transition into life after Campion, as alumni, and their continued connection to Campion.
Although these are two different areas of responsibility, they are linked by the College’s mission to provide a foundational education informing the formation of the whole person, not just during their time as students, but as productive members of society appreciative of their alma mater.
The successful candidate will mainly be working during regular business days and hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm), but will occasionally be required to work out of hours, including weekends.
Campion College Australia is an independent higher education provider. The College opened in 2006 and offers a Bachelor of Arts in the Liberal Arts as its flagship course. The philosophy of the College is that students require a broad based liberal arts education to learn necessary skills in analysis, critical thought and reason before they should undertake professionally focused studies at the postgraduate level. Small cohort sizes, a good staff to student ratio and interactive small-group tutorials are all part of the teaching and learning style that sets Campion apart from other tertiary education providers. The education at Campion takes place within the context of a Catholic community; however Catholicism is not a pre-requisite for staff or students.
Relating to Student Life
- Oversee the arrival and integration of first-year students (residential and day students), including the planning of Orientation Week with student leaders.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and the Senior Residential Tutor to manage the residential program, including:
- ensuring availability and cleanliness of rooms at the beginning and end of each semester;
- allocating students to rooms;
- arranging the distribution and collection of Residential Agreements and other forms, as well as room keys;
- forming and assisting the residential assistants;
- offering pastoral care when necessary;
- conducting room inspections.
- Assist in College promotional activities when required, including Summer and Winter Programs.
- Assist the Chaplain, if necessary in some of the pastoral/devotional activities of residential students.
- Work closely with student leaders (Residential Assistants and the Campion College Student Association) to ensure an effective student life/residential program for students
- Develop a specific program of integration for day students.
- Remain available for students seeking advice and support as they adjust to College life.
- As a member of the Critical Incident Management Team, respond appropriately, within the College’s policy framework, to emergencies on campus, including cases of sexual assault and sexual harassment.
- Oversee the Community Engagement and Leadership Award;
- Handle student disciplinary issues, if and when they arise, in accordance with College policy.
Relating to Alumni
- Maintain the alumni database.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development on fundraising opportunities through the alumni network.
- Organise events, such as regular alumni reunions.
- Develop an alumni mentoring program.
- Organise seminars on career opportunities and life after Campion, for current students.
- Manage and grow the internship program.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High level interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to offer pastoral care to students.
- Organisational skills including planning and attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, and a professional manner.
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Committed to the ethos and values of Campion College
- Computing skills, including the use of databases and Microsoft Office.
Campion College reserves the right to vary this Position Description, after consulting with you, in response to the changing needs of the organisation.
Applications close on Friday 30 August
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter to Director of Operations Luciano Boschiero at email@example.com or click below.