Campion College provides academic assistance to students through the College’s Learning Centre. The Centre assists students in developing and enhancing those generic skills crucial to learning and communicating ideas in a tertiary context. These include skills such as
- critical reading
- note taking
- structuring and writing essays
- developing an argument
- preparing and delivering oral presentations
- preparing effectively for exams
- effective time-management
- correct grammar and proof reading.
The Learning Centre is located in the College Library and is managed by the learning skills adviser.
Miss Keziah Doughty
Ph: (02) 9896 9307
Workshops on study skills topics are held on a regular basis during the first half of each semester. Please see notice boards and emails for further details.
The Library offers information on careers advice and services, with careers workshops held in Semester 2. Please contact the Learning Skills Advisor for more details.
Individuals can book appointments to see the Learning Skills Advisor for assistance with their study practices. Please contact Keziah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Skills Resources
The Library provides a variety of handouts providing information on various study topics.
- Essay Planning & Writing
- Oral Presentations
- Preparing for Exams
- Referencing & Citations
- Assessment Presentation
- Time Management
- Study Skills Handbook 2017
- Choosing and Using Online Resources
The Librarian is available to provide reference assistance to all students.
Online Study Tools
- The Write Site: http://writesite.elearn.usyd.edu.au/ – The Write Site provides online support to help you develop your academic and professional writing skills.
- Clearer Writing: http://learningcentre.usyd.edu.au/clearer_writing/ – The Clearer Writing site is an interactive course designed to assist you in developing clarity of written expression.
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL): https://owl.english.purdue.edu/ – An online writing resource to help you develop your writing skills across a range of subjects and formats.