MAT104: Statistical Thinking
|Unit type||Elective unit (above load)|
|Indicative contact hours||3 hours per week|
|Offered in||Semester 2|
|Tuition fee||Visit www.campion.edu.au/tuition|
This unit offers a hands-on introduction to the principles of statistical analysis. Its intention is not to produce statisticians but to prepare students to be able to ask the right questions and to criticize the answers, particularly in those biomedical areas which impinge on ethical questions.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of a range of methods of statistical analysis;
- identify, distinguish and apply a range of methods of statistical analysis;
- show a willingness and capacity to engage in research, reflection and critical analysis of presented information and readings;
- show a developing ability to summarise and communicate in a logical and coherent manner;
- demonstrate developing skills in clear written expression, concise logical structuring of ideas, and the appropriate use of referencing and bibliography in compliance with academic conventions;
- demonstrate developing confidence in constructive participation in group work and tutorial events by undertaking required readings and developmental exercises, and by contributing with clarity and coherence
Interested in other Mathematics units?