Media & Communications
|Value||$2000-6000 per annum (paid on a per semester basis, after the Census Date)|
|Duration||3 years (on condition criteria continue to be met, see below)|
|Open to||New and continuing undergrads studying full-time (minimum 3 units per semester)|
|Residency||Applicants must be Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or New Zealand Citizens|
The traditional Trivium of the Liberal Arts included disciplines – Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric – which are connected with human communication. Campion College, as a Liberal Arts College, consequently nurtures and values effective communication and offers a Media and Communications Scholarship.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students should demonstrate:
- That they have acquired some level of experience in the field of media and communications by providing appropriate references and/or evidence of achievements; and
- Satisfactory academic performance.
Acceptance of this scholarship requires a student to:
- Maintain a successful academic record (Weighted Average Mark of 75%);
- Represent Campion College at debating competitions, if applicable;
- Participate in the organisation of debating and public speaking events at the College;
- Contribute to the publication of the student tabloid, The Sextant; and
- Promote and support Campion College.
This scholarship will be reviewed at the end of each year. The continuation of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress and continued involvement in relevant activities.
Ready to apply?
- Scholarship Application Form
- Written Statement (one page outlining why you believe you should be the recipient of a Media and Communications Scholarship)
- References (e.g. from your Debating or Mock Trial teacher, or an employer)
- Relevant awards, certificates and commendations (e.g. a certificate commending your participation in Debating, or a commendation from an employer which relates to the field of media and communication)
Please note: A student number is required to apply so you must be enrolled before completing the application form.
|Offers for Semester 1, 2024||Round 1:||Apply by 8 December 2023|
|Round 2:||Apply by 1 February 2024|