Australia is one of the most sought after locations for travel in the world, and is an ideal location for experiencing a formal education. For those who decided to combine travelling experiences with completing a degree in Australia, the experience remains long after returning home.
The program at Campion College is modelled on Catholic institutions overseas and is thus the natural choice for Catholic liberal arts college students wishing to complete part of their studies abroad. Study Abroad students will potentially be able to undertake either a semester or a year of study in Sydney.
International students contribute to the quality of the intellectual and social life of Campion College, by adding to the diversity of ideas and cultural activities. Owing to the fact that the student community at Campion College is tight-knight, international students to come to know the student body very well. Campion College welcomes international students from everywhere around the world.
Information for International Applicants
International applicants are eligible for admission only to the Bachelor of Arts in the Liberal Arts.
International applicants are not eligible for admission to the Diploma of Liberal Arts – Foundations of Western Tradition or to the Diploma of Classical Languages.
Standard International Applicants
International applicants who have completed secondary schooling or equivalent, whether in Australia or outside Australia but in the English language, are eligible to submit a Standard International Application. Further information about the admissions process can be found here.
Study Abroad International Applicants
International applicants who are currently enrolled in an overseas higher (i.e., tertiary) education institution, and who wish to study at Campion College for a certain period of time, are eligible to submit a Study Abroad International Application. Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their academic background and obtain a copy of the application form.
Minimum English Requirements for All International Candidates
The Bachelor of Arts in the Liberal Arts at Campion College Australia requires a high level of proficiency in the English language.
In order, therefore, for an international applicant to be eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Arts in the Liberal Arts at Campion College Australia, it is necessary that the applicant be suitably proficient in the English language.
An international applicant must demonstrate such proficiency in at least one of the following ways:
- satisfactory completion of secondary schooling in Australia; or
- one year of full-time (or equivalent) accredited diploma-level studies or higher in Australia;
- successful completion of a recognised English Language Bridging program;
- successful completion, outside Australia, of studies equivalent to secondary school or higher, where English was the medium of instruction; or
- a test result at an appropriate level of achievement from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Please consult the table below to see the minimum scores, both total and individual, that Campion College accepts in the IELTS and TOEFL:
|Test||Total/Overall Score||Individual Skills/Tests||Individual Scores|
|IELTS (International English Language Testing System)||7.0||Listening||7.0|
|TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (Internet-based Test)||98||Reading||24|
|TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (Paper-based Test)||597||Test of Written English (TWE)||5.0|
|TOEFL PDT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (Paper-delivered Test)||N/A||Writing||27|
- The Dean of Studies of Campion College Australia reserves the right to request from an international applicant, as a necessary part of the applicant’s application process, more than one of the above-listed kinds of demonstration of proficiency in the English language.
- The Dean of Studies of Campion College Australia reserves the right, in the case of an international applicant who has successfully completed, outside Australia, studies equivalent to secondary school or higher, where English was the medium of instruction, to request from the applicant, as a necessary part of the applicant’s application process, an additional kind of demonstration of English proficiency from among the above-listed kinds. The Dean may request, for example, a test result at an appropriate level of achievement from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The Dean of Studies of Campion College Australia reserves the right to withhold a Letter of Offer from an international applicant even if the applicant meets one or more of the criteria for English proficiency listed above. The fact that an international applicant meets one or more of the criteria for English proficiency listed above does not guarantee that the applicant will receive a Letter of Offer.