When applying for postgraduate programs you are entering a competitive process where you need to sell yourself to companies and organisations. Consider the following:
- You need to stand out against people who have industry applicable degrees and work experience.
- Your academic record needs to be good. Usually a distinction average is advised.
- They will be looking at your record of community involvement and leadership.
- Most programs have a three or four stage application process that you need to be prepared for.
- Application cut off dates for graduate programs start early so you need to be proactive.
Tips for applying to postgraduate programs
- Apply for multiple programs but keep your “why” at the centre.
- Get involved in groups, teams, jobs and positions of leadership to develop skills and make yourself stand out.
- Look for programs early (at the start of your second year) and know what qualities they are looking for.
- Don’t be afraid of failure. It is an opportunity for feedback.
Where to find graduate programs
Are you interested in pursuing a career at a top tier consulting firm? Companies like KPMG and Accenture have a number of graduate programs available and look favourably upon liberal arts graduates.
Our Student Life Officer can connect you with alumni working in top tier consulting firms. Make sure you check out the requirements now, so that you can gain the necessary volunteering and work experience before applying.