Theatre Society performs ‘Pygmalion’
The Campion Theatre Society paused study for a night to put on a performance of George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion.
The student performance played to a full house at the St Anthony of Padua church hall in Toongabbie on Sunday 6 November.
The all-student cast and crew put the one-night show together, starring first-year Niamh Horsfall as Cockney flower girl Eliza Doolittle and third-year Simeon Casey as phonetics professor Henry Higgins.
Outgoing CTS president and director Abbey Pereira took to the stage following the performance to give a last thanks to the audience for attending and to the cast and crew for putting on a great show.
The rest of the cast list was as follows:
- Joseph Nunes as Colonel Pickering
- Kateri Rosengren as Mrs Higgins [also executive co-producer]
- Josh Wright as Mr Doolittle
- Ambrose Doodeman as Mr Pearce
- Patrick Brandt as the Hungarian
- Eliza Tome as Miss Hill
- Hannah Portelli as Mrs Hill
- Imogen Van Rensburg as Duchess
- Michael Gresser as Freddy Hill [also an executive co-producer]
- Abigail Pereira as the Parlour Maid, Dorothy, and Isabel of the Sun [also play Director]
- Joseph Brown as Sarcastic Bystander and Important Son [also executive co-producer]
- Nicholas Brennan as Bystander and Importand Couple [also executive co-producer]
- Kate Harrison as Important Couple [also executive co-producer]
- Backstage crew: Molly McDonald (Head), Hannah Tyson, Anita Donaldson, Anita Kent, and Sam Anderson.