When applying for postgraduate programs you are entering a competitive process where you need to sell yourself to companies and organisations. Consider the following:
- You need to stand out against people who have industry applicable degrees and work experience.
- Your academic record needs to be good. Usually a distinction average is advised.
- They will be looking at your record of community involvement and leadership.
- Most programs have a three or four stage application process that you need to be prepared for.
- Application cut off dates for graduate programs start early so you need to be proactive.
Tips for applying to postgraduate programs
- Apply for multiple programs but keep your “why” at the centre.
- Get involved in groups, teams, jobs and positions of leadership to develop skills and make yourself stand out.
- Look for programs early (at the start of your second year) and know what qualities they are looking for.
- Don’t be afraid of failure. It is an opportunity for feedback.
Where to find graduate programs