LAN203: Classical Latin III (Intermediate)
|Accredited towards||Diploma of Classical Languages|
|Unit type||Elective unit|
|Indicative contact hours||3 hours per week|
|Offered in||Semester 1|
|Tuition fee||Visit www.campion.edu.au/tuition|
This unit consolidates and builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in previous units. Students study the more advanced constructions in Latin. Depending on the cohort and the course of study in previous units, students may complete the formal study of Latin in this unit.
On completion of the unit students will have:
- An understanding of the concepts of Latin grammar covered in this unit.
- A deeper understanding of the material covered in previous units.
- Knowledge of Latin vocabulary and grammar, including syntax, appropriate to this level.
- An understanding of the problems connected with the study of ancient languages.
- The ability to participate effectively and confidently in group work and practical exercises in tutorials.
Students may enrol in LAN203 if they have completed LAN102. Otherwise they may only enrol if they have a sufficiently advanced, and demonstrable, knowledge of Latin sufficient for this unit.
Interested in other Latin units?
LAN101: Classical Latin I
LAN102: Classical Latin II
LAN203: Classical Latin III
LAN204: Classical Latin IV
LAN301: Language and Culture in Late Republican Rome
LAN302: Pagans and Christians from Augustus to Augustine
LAN305: The Eternal City from Paganism to Christianity